Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

Refreshed!

God is so merciful. Yesterday ended really good. Ari was doing better, eating more, more expressive. As I stood by her crib at around 11pm rubbing her head to help her fall asleep, I felt so sick and weak. I had one meal and had not drank much water. It was a big reminder for me to take care of myself so I can stay with Ari. I started to think that if I got sick I wouldn't be able to be with her and I could get her sick. I ate a soft pretzel and went to sleep, didn't even put my pajamas, just stayed in my jeans.

We slept all night! I woke up around 6am and couldn't believe what time it was and that we slept all night. The nurse said she didn't even get all her meds into her because she was so sleepy. It was so refreshing. I spoke to a few friends about my lack of sleep and knew they were praying...once again God has so graciously answered them.

Today Ari did great. She's been eating more. She just doesn't want to drink fluids and doesn't want to talk or make noise. The speech therapist is seeing her and says she will have to make sure she doesn't get use to not using her vocal cords. She says she has to learn how to use her new airway, so we need to work with her on taking liquids and talking again. Otherwise, she's doing well. It's been a struggle to get them to wean her off her narcotics. She has been improving and they haven't weaned. They are concerned with pain which she has shown discomfort at times. However, I want to see her come off the narcotics and on some other pain meds.

Overall, much better and rested.

1 comment:

All 8 of Us said...

So glad you and Ari got some much needed rest! It's amazing what sleep deprivation can do and how a good night of uninterrupted zzz's can make such a world of difference! Continuing to pray!!
Blessings,
kathi