Search This Blog

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Tantrums Anyone or Everyone

Carlos had his weekend shift with Ari while I went home to be with the rest of the kids, which I have mixed feelings about. I was happy to be there for them but they were very sensitive and emotional. We visited Ari on Saturday and I think it may have stirred them up a bit. I had cranky children all weekend. I do however realize now I tried to do too much. Carlos on the other hand did a great job with Ari...he got her drinking fluids and having tantrums! Signs of health ;o) They are weaning her off of strong meds and she's doing well with that too.

Sunday after church I took Mia to get her glasses and she couldn't get the one's she really wanted so she started crying. That just set me off, I felt bad because I wanted to get her the one's she liked but we had to stick to a budget. And we were all just touchy with all that is going on. So I started to cry, Aliyah got teary, Kayla was not showing any emotion (just like her mom), and DJ was struggling all weekend. The lady helping us felt so bad and the manager measuring her for the one's she didn't want asked if everything was ok. I apologized and told them it wasn't just about the glasses, we were just an emotional family right now.

While we waited I tried to get them something to eat and everyone was just having a meltdown in the middle of the mall, the exit seemed so far. I called my dad because I just felt like I couldn't do it and he told me to go right over to their house. Mia and I had a good conversation on our way there. I had to explain to her that it wasn't her that made me cry, it was everything and it just happened at that moment. My sister stayed with the kids and fed them (a great meal by the way that we got from a church family) while I took Mia back to get her glasses. When we got there, they gave her the glasses she actually wanted...amazing! She was so happy. God showed us so much in those few hours.

Today Ari continues to do really well: eating, drinking, playing and laughing more. She's not talking or should I say "blabbing" yet, but she's had a few moments of sounds. It's coming. She tired me out already. We walked around the floor a few times. I put her down and let her walk while I held her, she wanted to run. She's very skinny, so we need to plump her up again, but I'm sure she'll gain it back and then some. Friday they plan on doing another bronch just to see how it all looks. That will be our next big hump. Thank you all again for your prayers!!!

No comments: