Search This Blog

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years...In the Hospital???

Yes, in the hospital. Around 3am Ari started the croup cough. We tried giving her treatments but they didn't help. So by 5am I took her to the ER for what I thought would be a morning visit for medication. The doctor decided they wanted her admitted since the last time she ended up back in the ER 2 days later to be admitted. They are also going to try and speed up the bronch (camera down her throat) to look at her throat and lungs.

Carlos is on hospital duty, since I was with her in the morning hours and will spend the night with her. She's very cranky, which I think she's just over stimulated and tired. This morning I realized how tiring hospital lights can be.

I wonder why God has chosen for us to start the year off this way, I know His plan is perfect in every way...but I don't always get it. But in an odd way I can only be grateful...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, we are always thinking of you and keeping you all in our prayers. Ari is getting so big and is so adorable!!! Many wishes for her to grow stronger and bigger and healthier in this new year...
-Lauren and Vinny and Alana

mb said...

I feel your pain, Kari, just a wee bit--we were in Voorhees ER this Jan 1st w/Sam, probably RSV. We wondered the same thing--they're only babies, afterall, why wd God allow these regular illneses? But also like you guys, we are grateful for the Lord's kindnesses in the form of fairly quick ER visits, good(and accessible!) medical care, and that He has met our greatest need.. salvation! He is good, all the time, eh?!

Praying this yr is a healthier one for you all and that God continues to give grace abounding to meet daily challenges. ttfn, marybeth