Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

God's Awesomeness

God is so good to us. On Sunday I gave Ariana Tylenol, but the only bottle I had was a small bottle from the hospital which instructed to ask physician for dosage. Well I look at old discharge papers which told me to give her 3ml. I gave her 3ml in the evening and at bedtime did not have enough to give her a full 3ml dose, so I gave her what was left.

First thing Monday morning I had Carlos go out and buy a new bottle of Tylenol and figured I'd read the instructions (just because - actually it was God). It said 1.6ml for children 2-3 yrs old. Well I was confused since the discharge papers were from when she was 8 mo old. She went to her doctor's appt and I asked her doctor, she advised me that she should be taking 1.2ml and was very disappointed that a resident did not know how to calculate Tylenol for infants.

When I learned that it was the wrong dose, I was so thankful for God's hands on Ariana. That was God! I ran out of the Tylenol on Sunday because she could have been overdosed if I had given her that second dose. God is amazing. He continues to show his love for Ari and keep her in His loving arms. God's grace is sufficient. He's keeping us safe even when we don't see it.

1 comment:

All 8 of Us said...

It is truly amazing to ponder that while the Lord is literally sustaining the universe, maintaining the orbiting of planets, and keeping stars suspended in space, He is intimately aware of ALL the details of our lives. Rejoicing with you in His gift of protecting your precious Ariana!! Those recent pics in the crib and with Daddy are just beautiful!!
Blessings,
kathi