Search This Blog

Monday, March 31, 2008

2 Weeks Old

Ariana has been having a hard time with quite a few things. She continues to have trouble breathing and maintaining her oxygen levels consistent throughout the day. She had to get blood transfusions 3 days in a row, they stopped her feedings because she was not able to tolerate them, she's on antibiotics because they think there may be an infection, she just started medication for her low blood pressure, they are checking her for a heart murmur again, as they suspect there still may be one there, even though they said it was taken care of with the last treatment, while she's on the oscillator she's being sedated to keep her calm since it's constantly shaking her but it has caused her to swell because she's not moving around like before.

Dad has gotten better with her episodes - when her oxygen drops. She had one that lasted what seemed like forever, he remained calm from beginning to end. The doctor recommended getting her books and reading to her, I read to her the other day and she seemed so calm and sucked on her pacifier while I read - it was really cute.

Keep the prayers coming.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for these updates Kari. I check the page every day to see how the baby is doing. I know you two must be so busy I don't want to call and bother you both. I pray for your little one all the time. If there is anything you need please let us know. We love you both.
-Vinny R. and Lauren

Anonymous said...

she's as awesome as her uncle. which is pretty freakin amazing. love you guys

Blended & Blessed said...

Thank you Vinny & Lauren. We appreciate you thinking of us. Maybe the guys can take Carlos out one night, he needs to take a break. Lauren, hope your feeling well.

And Johnny :)She is awesome and you are too and her arms are hairy like yours too :)

We love you guys - thanks

Anonymous said...

Kari & Carlos-
I have been thinking of you and your family daily and keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Kari, you are such a strong and amazing person and I know that will help get your little angel through this. Please call if you ever need anything or just a shoulder.

Love,
Tracy Shannon

Rosanne said...

A day doesn't go by that I don't feel what your going through. Keep the faith and continue to be strong. Ariana is in a great place and always remember that God is with her and watching over her. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. - Rosanne

Anonymous said...

You dont have to tell me twice! Vazquez, We are going out Friday night! Take that snake dance out of the closet, dust it off, and bring it with ya! Check your e-mail asap to get the guys together.
-Vinny R.

Roxanne said...

Hey guys...don't forget my offer, please let me know if you need anything! We think of you guys often and pray for you all daily! ~Roxy & Lito (and of course Jaylen)

The Three Moons: said...

Kari, I so enjoyed talking to you last night. I LOVE your blog and how you are seeing God in this whole process. The calmness you have in these circumstances is an obvious answer to many prayers. I love the picture you have posted with Ariana's eyes open! I love how you have a little snapshot of your love story with Carlos on the side, it seems like he is the perfect man for you and what an awesome daddy he is! I hope to get to know you more and would love to help out in any way I can! Love, Julie