Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Plan for Now

Ari is back on the ventilator. I got a call at 1am, she had stopped breathing because she just got too tired and they had to put her back on the ventilator. I went to see her and she looks much more comfortable being back on. Unfortunately, she has to do this on her own, so they will put her back on steroids to reduce the swelling in her throat and take it out again. The longer they keep the tube in the worse it will be, so for 24 hrs she will get the medication and they will try her again.

Hopefully, this time she will fly. However, if she can't they will put a scope down her throat to see what's going on. And if all is normal, they will consider doing a trach at that time. If she can't make it on her own right now, the trach will allow her to breathe comfortably on her own until the swelling resolves itself, so God willing, it would be temporary.

This morning I said to Ari, God had us there for a reason and He has a plan, He is teaching us many things. Some of you may know, when I worked as a nurse's assistant one of the things I had a hard time working with were people with trachs. So when the nurse told me that, I thought, "Wow, what a way to humble me."

I want everyone to know that even though this is the hardest thing Carlos and I have had to go thru, we know God is in control and is doing all this for good. Believe me it's not easy, I have never cried the way I have cried for Ari, but the fact that God has a purpose and He may change lives for good - I know mine is - in the end it was worth it. I've thought of how Mary had to watch her Son, Jesus, be beaten and killed and I've thought of the movie The Passion and now can still only relate in such a small way what she felt. And then to think it was for us. I can't imagine the pain God feels for us, He's losing us daily. I hope we can encourage someone to "live each day as though it were your last," put your trust in God, more importantly give your heart to Him. Only because of Him we have peace in this storm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking of you daily!! Please call me if there is anything I can do. I just don't want to bother you! A meal??
Katie

Anonymous said...

We just wanted you to know we check in all the time for updates and we are always thinking of you guys. We pray every day that Ari gets stronger and takes those breaths all on her own. We know she will very soon!

Anonymous said...

sorry, didnt sign our comment!
-vinny and lauren

Blended & Blessed said...

Thanks guys...really appreciate your thoughts.

Katie, I will call you, I actually was going to see if you wanted to do a play date while I'm home with Kayla and DJ.

Vinny and Lauren - Congratulations on your baby! And our thoughts and prayers have been with you also as you guys go thru your challenges.

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothers Day, Let the almighty protect you always and give you the strength to continue the challenges that you face each day. The Lord be with you as he continues watching over your precious baby girl, keep hope alive!!! and keep believing in the power of the lord.