Search This Blog

Sunday, May 4, 2008

7 Weeks Old - 2lbs. 11oz.

Ariana has been improving once again. She still on the ventilator but on very low setting. She will be off this week, they will try her again on cpap or maybe even vapor derm (nasal cannula). I kangaroo held her today: that is holding her on my chest skin to skin, they say it helps in their development. She can hear my heart beat, like when she was in the womb. I loved it.

All her tests for infections to her organs have been negative. They were not successful with the spinal tap, unfortunately, after quite a few attempts. They said they may try again Monday to make sure there is no infection in the spinal fluid but tests have been negative for her having any infection so I will see if we can do away with that one. Her poor little back has all these stick marks, where I thought they tried 3 times and it doesn't look that way. But she is in God's hands, it's the best place to be. So even when I feel like being an angry mom, I remind myself of who is really in control.

You can see by the pictures, she wakes up now with eyes wide open. She's doing well taking my breast milk and is taking the maximum amount she can take right now. She loves her pacifier too.

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

It's hard to imagine that a few ounces will make any difference...but you can visibly see (even in pictures) that Ari has gotten bigger! Such a little fighter you have on your hands. You are going to have to keep a close eye on that one! Please let me know if you need anything :) ~Roxy Huertas