Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Check Up

Tomorrow Ari will go to CHOP for a bronch. They want to take a look at her airway and see how it's been healing since surgery. She has been doing really well. Tomorrow at worst, they may decide to dilate her airway. They say the tissue will have a tendency to shrink around the graft (piece of cartilage put in to widen her airway) that was put in place, so she may need to have that tissue stretched from time to time to keep it open properly. I hope I explained that properly. I read somewhere that one patient had to go in a few times to have tissue lasered around the airway because it was webbing, causing some obstruction in his breathing after the reconstructive surgery. Praise God, nothing major, all minor procedures compared to what she already had done.

She had her 18 mo. check up and all was great. The only concern was her teeth, or should I say, "tooth." Although she was a preemie, her corrected age is over 12 months, and by now most kids have more than ONE tooth.

She's walking more and got her first pair of walking shoes. We went to Olly kids, which I must say I liked. We got her the Robeez shoes and I really like them. They have a rubber bottom (they also come in leather bottoms for non-walkers) but she walks really well in them.

Dora is her favorite character. Sometimes the TV is off and I walk by it with her and she will point and sing, "We Did It." So I've been playing it a little less, I'm not crazy about her being so into it.

Continuously Blessed!

No comments: