Search This Blog

Thursday, October 15, 2009

All is Well

Today Ari's bronchoscopy went well. All looked good. The only thing I didn't get a chance to ask the doctor was about her airway size. He said he used a 3.5 tube size and after her surgery she was a 5.5/6, so it has shrunk significantly...or so it seems to me. Her size prior to surgery was 2.5. I guess I was focused on all the other information he gave me about no swelling, her next bronch, next office visit and after he left, it dawned on me that her airway size was smaller again. I guess it didn't concern him since the graft is in place and they did mention it would be normal for the tissue to shrink but not back to it's original size. And her ENT, Dr. Ian Jacobs, has been amazing with her care. He's been amazing at following up and even his call home to see how she is has been so comforting to us. We are so grateful for his care for Ari. So all is well.

No comments: