Search This Blog

Thursday, November 6, 2008

1st ER Visit...All Better Now

I had to take Ari to the ER on Monday. Overnight she started having trouble breathing and it sounded like croup again. This time it just developed over a few hours and I was concerned about waiting a few more hours for the doctors' office to open...it was 430am. I called the doctor and they told me to take her right in. She was given steroids and an epi treatment (sort of like an asthma treatment - however it treats inflammation in the upper airway and up to the throat area). They monitored her until 1pm and sent us home. Thank God we didn't have to stay.

Aside from a stuffy nose, she has been fine. I wondered what God was trying to show me this weekend. I was in the ER with Mikayla on Saturday. DJ wanted to play fight and was hitting her, while she tried to get away, she slipped and fell. She bled - a lot! She got 4 stitches under her eye...she slept as they stitched her up. She did great and after she said, "Mommy, I don't want DJ to get punished, I forgive him." It was great to see her heart for DJ. Afterwards, she picked out a toy for her and one for DJ. She taught me a great lesson that night.

No comments: