Search This Blog

Monday, August 30, 2010

Strong-Willed Child

A few weeks ago, my brother-in-law took his boat out and Carlos, Aliyah, and Ari joined them.  Ari couldn't wait to get in the water. She has very little fear and it worries me at times. It's probably good I didn't go on this outting because I might have ruined it with my worry about them going in the water. 

Recently I've been thinking of God's awesome power, specifically in Ari's life. I've thought of all she's been through and she's been a little fighter. God has reminded me of all the tubes and wires she's been hooked up to, how tiny she was, and looking at her now ~ so strong-willed ~ I can only be thankful.  In tears the other day I thanked God for letting us keep her.

So how do we draw the boundary lines of structure and discipline...it's hard. She wants her way and will fight for her way.  Unfortunately, she wins too many times, especially with Daddy and siblings...not so much with Mommy of course ;o)  We're working on it.

I started a family blog, http://www.ourblessedblendedfamily.blogspot.com/ so soon I'll be ending this blog and will keep you updated on our family blog as to how she's doing. There's so much I want to remember and tell family and friends about our whole family, so I figured I'd start a blog for our family.  Plus, I've been so bad at updating this blog, and thought if I keep one with much more to say, maybe I'll be better at it...we'll see.

No comments: